The Family Table
Feeding the Faith of LEFC Families
TFT: Where Do We Start?
January 29, 2023
Dear LEFC Parents,
You have an incredibly important job–making disciples of the kids in your home. Here are some key things to help you do your job this week:
Summer Camp at Miracle Mountain Ranch
Today is the deadline for the best deal. See Marilynn to sign ‘em up.
(Don’t worry: As long as there is space, you can still sign up later at the regular rate.)
Worldview Training for Youth
The youth class starts TACTICS: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions next Sunday evening. See Keith Hurley to get your teen involved.
The Gospel Project at Home
Today’s Bible Study: “God Takes Sin Seriously” (Volume 3, Unit 9, Lesson 6).
And for Dessert…
When I [Pastor Matt] saw this in my podcast feed, I knew immediately what “dessert” was going to be in this week’s newsletter: Where Do I Start?
I think most parents ask these basic questions all. the. time.
– What if their family is resistant to starting something new?
– What’s a great way to get started if you’ve never been discipled?
– What’s a benefit to discipleship?
– If someone has struggled to get connected at church, how would you advise them?
– Where would you advise somebody to get started on reading the bible as a family?
– Where can someone get started with Time, Moments, and Milestones?
– If someone was brand new to our show, where would you tell them to start?
We have recommended the Family Discipleship Podcast before, and this first episode of their fourth season might be the best place to jump in.
We hope your family eats it up.
Matt Mitchell, Pastor
Holly Crumrine, 2023 Family Ministries Coordinator
EXPLAINER: THE GOSPEL PROJECT AT HOME
For the last several years, our Children’s Church ministry has utilized The Gospel Project as our Bible study curriculum. The Gospel Project is really excellent–it takes our Little Learners and Bible Explorers chronologically through the whole Bible over the course of three years while always focusing on Jesus as the center of the big story. If your student was in Little Learners or Bible Explorers this morning, they received a coloring page and take-home sheet that corresponds to this lesson. You have also been given a full-color Big Picture Card that you can use to reinforce the lesson with your child, as well.
To reinforce what your kids are learning each week in Children’s Church, you can now access The Gospel Project At Home online. Each week in this email, there will be a link to follow to get this free resource which includes:
1. A guide to using the Gospel Project at Home.
2. Scripture to read and discuss with a recap video of the Bible Story (Preschool and/or Elementary).
3. Scripture memory verses and a song to sing together.
4. Prayer prompts and family activities that correspond to the lesson.
Please consider setting aside at least 10-15 minutes once a week for a family devotional time using this resource as a guide. We are hoping The Gospel Project At Home will help keep all of our LEFC kids “on the same page,” and feed their faith in Jesus.
This might be especially helpful if for some reason your child has to miss a week of Children’s Church. You can show them the Bible story video to keep them up to speed on what the other children are learning.
**Note: The first time you access the link, you will need to register a free account with Lifeway’s Ministry Grid. This will also provide you ongoing access through the “training” tab to many other discipleship resources including the Gospel Project at Home for previous weeks. Many hours of excellent things to absorb for free!