This Week's Lanse Link
Sunday, February 23, 2020
Lanse Evangelical Free Church
The Online News Bulletin of Lanse Free Church
- MOPS, 9:15-11:25 am
- Prayer Meeting, 7:00 pm
- Family Bible Night, 7:00 pm
- Missions Ministry Team, 8:00 pm
- Fellowship Hall in Use, 2-5 pm
- Sunday School, 9:00 am
- Worship, 10:00 am
- Donnie Rosie Preaching
- Fellowship Hall in Use,1-6 pm
Serving: February 23 // March 1
Sunday School Greeters: Ruth Murray + Marilynn Kristofits // Cathie & Laurie Verost
Worship Service Greeters: Ruth Murray + Andy Dobash // Cathie & Laurie Verost
Nursery: Becky Forcey + Dottie Isaacson // Kelly Woodling _ Katlyn McGonigal
Little Learners: Judy Carlson + Addison Yatchik // Cindy Michaels + Jeremiah Michaels
Bible Explorers: Renee Mostyn + Haylee Shimmel // Amy Merritt + Mary Beth Moslak
Prayer Corners: Jeff & Becky Schiefer + Ruth Murray // Keith & Pennie Folmar + Nancy Wertz
Coffee Ministry: Don & Linda Carlson // Jeff & Becky Schiefer
Church Lock Up: Don Carlson // Marilynn Kristofits
Church Family News
Wild Game Needs
- PRAYER: Abe Skacel is coordinating our prayer efforts. See him with the names of any guys you would like us to pray for leading up to the event.
- ADVERTISING: Help spread the word about our WGD! Posters are in the foyer. Take one today and hang it in your local post office, at the gym, at your place of employment, or any place of business you feel will help us reach people.
- TICKETS: Andy Dobash has tickets for our event. Tickets are necessary for entrance into the dinner, and our flyers say to see anyone from Lanse Free Church. Grab a pack today and start handing them out. Be sure to follow up and get a count so we are sure to be prepared.
- DOOR PRIZES: This year we are looking for people to purchase our door prizes. Letters are in the foyer for local businesses thanking them for their past help and a promise to purchase something from their business as an added thank you. Please have door prizes here by March 8th. Questions? See Bryan Sones
- SET UP: Saturday morning we will set up at our venue and will need lots of guys to help out. Tables need to be arranged, cleaned, and set, the sound system needs tested, and meatballs need to be made. No experience necessary!
- FOOD: All guests are asked to bring a main dish (wild game) to share. We have had a large donation of venison and plan to make meatballs. We will set to work making them immediately after table setup. We also need willing bakers to provide us with 8-13 more pies.
- KITCHEN HELP: Bryan Sones is coordinating our kitchen. Please signup to help with side dishes, drinks, and deserts. Since we are adding making meatballs to the kitchen, we are going to need more help to have things ready for dinner.
- ROASTERS NEEDED: We are looking for 6 more 18-quart roasters to use the day of our dinner. If you have one, please see Marilynn Kristofits.
Church Historian Needed
Our church needs someone with a heart for history to keep records and keep our history alive. To learn more about this vital ministry role, Keith Folmar.
Cemetery Care Bids
The Facilities Team is now accepting bids for cemetery mowing this Summer. Mowing will begin as soon as the grass needs its first trim and will conclude in mid to late fall depending on the weather. You are responsible to provide your own gas and equipment. If you have any questions or to submit your bid, please see Bryan Sones by March 29th.
Our Daily Bread
The latest edition of Our Daily Bread for March, April, and May is now available in the foyer by the Community Bulletin Board.
Return Your Baby Bottles
Thank you to all who have supported our campaigns for the Pregnancy Resource Clinic. As a reminder, baby bottles and baby shower items are due today. Did you forget yours? Bring them to the church by Wednesday.
A Heart for Haiti
Last Summer our Family Bible Week program raised enough funds to sponsor eight students at College Susan Schuenke in Haiti. Take home a heart from the bulletin board with the name of one (or more) of our students and pray for them for the next 2 months.
Would you like to learn more about what it means to follow Christ in water baptism? See Pastor Matt today to schedule your baptism class.
On Tuesday, April 7th the PRC invites you to attend their Annual Fundraising Banquet at the Bryce Jordan Center. Join them as they celebrate another year of God’s faithfulness within their ministry. Come and enjoy a delicious meal, hear an organizational update from Executive Director, Jenny Summers, listen to the heart of PRC through client testimonies, and be encouraged by the incredible life story of their keynote speaker and author, Sarah May Hoover. There is no cost to attend this event; however, an opportunity to make a financial investment will be extended during the evening. A reservation is required for each person planning to attend. Valerie Kovalick is once again hosting a table at this event. Please RSVP to Valerie by March 8th. You can also register online here. Questions? See Valerie Kovalick.
Join Us at Summer Camp
We are sending a group of kids to summer camp at Miracle Mountain Ranch June 28 – July 3. We have five girls and two boys registered and volunteers planning on being at camp for the week. We also have two girls planning on attending July 13-17. It is not too late for your kids to join us! The family cost per camper for regular camp (ages 8-18) will be $235. A designated giving fund has been opened to offset the cost of registration. Mark your gift “Camp Fund” and drop it in the offering plate. Questions? See Marilynn Kristofits.
2020 Summer Ministry Internship
Our church is planning again to offer a ministry internship opportunity for a young adult to learn and serve the church this Summer. More details about this developmental position are posted on the Community Bulletin Board in the foyer. If you are interested, contact Pastor Matt for an online application.
Sunday School Classes
Now is a great time to join Sunday School! Our Adult and Youth classes will begin their study of Romans next week. Pick up your free study guide in the foyer and join them for Session 1: Compelled. Our Children’s class will also begin their new study in the Gospel Project for Kids: Jesus The Messiah. Bring the entire family and join us for Sunday School at 9:00am.
Hide The Word
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.” - Matthew 28:18
Lanse Free Church
255 Cotohisc Road
Lanse, PA 16849
Sunday School: 9:00am
Prayer Meeting: Wednesday, 7:00pm
Our Facebook Page