Lanse Link 5 March 2023
Sunday, March 5, 2023
Lanse Evangelical Free Church
Church Family News
Today we will be passing communion plates for those partaking in the auditorium. There are pre-packaged communion elements for anyone, inside or outside, who would prefer to use them as we worship together at the Lord’s Table. We have a gluten free option for those with special dietary needs.
Snack and Yack – NEW!
When the auditorium empties after worship, young people in grades 3-7 who heard the sermon are invited to meet in Pastor Matt’s office for a snack and a brief interactive conversation about today’s message with Pastor Matt or one of the other elders. To help kids listen closely, they can fill out a “Snack n’ Yack Notes” handout. Parents are always welcome to join in, too! This new family ministry will occur each Sunday in March during the “coffee fellowship” time.
Family Ministries Meeting
There will be meeting on Tuesday, March 7th at 7:00pm to discuss and plan for Family Ministries in 2023 and beyond. If you have ideas to share, plan to attend!
Ladies’ Fellowship Hour
Ladies don’t forget to bring your favorite cup this Wednesday and be ready to share a special memory or story your cup reminds you of.
Are you interested in singing with the LEFC Celebration Choir? Now is your chance! Choir will rehearse every Thursday at 7:30pm until Resurrection Sunday. Here is your opportunity to praise God through song. Please contact Amy Jo Belko with any questions.
“Cold Case Christianity”
How do I answer the questions that my unbelieving friends and family have? Is there evidence that the things we believe are true? Join our new adult pop-up class as we investigate the Gospels, study the evidence, and examine the witnesses from a detective’s perspective. Starting Sunday, March 19th at 8:30am. If childcare is required, it can be arranged, let Abe Skacel or Keith Hurley know.
Cemetery Care Bids
The Facilities Team is now accepting bids through the month of March to mow the cemetery April through the end of September. You are responsible to provide your own gas and equipment. Send your bids to George Leathers at 814-496-5615 or email@example.com by Sunday, March 26th.
Follow the Lord in Water Baptism
We are planning for more baptisms again soon. If you would like to learn more about what it means to follow Christ in water baptism, talk to Pastor Matt for options that fit your schedule. Classes will be set up to meet your scheduling needs.
Solar Generator Giving
Due to skyrocketing costs and diesel fuel shortages in Haiti, Vision of Hope Ministries are raising funds for a solar generator for their school/church in Cap Haitian. You can give to help them with this project by marking your gift “Solar Panel” and dropping it off in the offering plate.
Lenten Worship Services
Each year the ministers of the West Branch Churches plan Lenten Services on Sundays throughout our area. A schedule of this location and speakers for these services is located on the community bulletin board in the foyer. This year, the services will each be at 3:00 in the afternoon.
Don’t forget to set your clocks ahead by one hour on Saturday night so that you arrive to church on time Sunday morning.
Wild Game Dinner
Join us for our 2023 Wild Game Dinner on Saturday, March 18th from 5-8pm at Morris Township Volunteer Fire Co Recreation Center with special speaker Mark Ledford. This is a FREE event, but tickets are required for entry. See anyone from LEFC or call 814-345-6500 for tickets. All guests are asked to bring a main dish to share.
Wild Game Dinner Needs
Wondering how you can help with this year’s WGD? Here are some areas where you may be able to help.
- MEETING: There will be a brief planning meeting today following the service. Questions? See Jamie Morgan.
- PRAYER: Commit to pray for the people who will be attending our event this year – that their ears will be open, and their hearts would be prepared to receive Mark Ledford’s message. Pray specifically for the person you are bringing, too.
- ADVERTISING: Help spread the word about our WGD! Posters are in the foyer. Take one today and hang it in your local post office, at the gym, at your place of employment, or any place of business you feel will help us reach people.
- DOOR PRIZES: There are still some letters are in the foyer for local businesses thanking them for their past help and a promise to purchase something from their business as an added thank you. Consider picking one up today and getting a door prize for our dinner. Please have these here by March 5th. Cash donations for door prizes are also being accepted through March 5th. Mark your gift “WGD.”
- TICKETS: Misty Michaels has tickets for our event in the office. Tickets are necessary for entrance into the dinner, and our flyers say to see anyone from Lanse Free Church. Grab a pack today and start handing them out.
- SET UP/TEAR DOWN: Many hands make light work! All who are helping set up our hall should meet at the church at 8:00am on Saturday, March 18th. If you can help setup or tear down sign up in the foyer or see Joel Michaels.
- FOOD: Signup sheets are posted in the foyer. Jamie Morgan is coordinating the wild game dishes for our guests. Sign up in the foyer if you are bringing a dish. Jamie Morgan is also planning on making Italian-pulled venison and is looking for venison roasts for this. Please see him if you have any to donate and don’t want to cook it yourself.
- KITCHEN HELP: We are looking for people to work the day of the event preparing food. Please sign up to help with this need. Question? See Pennie Folmar.
Worldview Training for Youth
Youth, join us each Sunday evening at 7:00pm as we study TACTICS: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christians Convictions. All youth (grades 7-12) are invited to attend. Questions? See Keith Hurley.
Ladies’ Fellowship Hour
Ladies, join us Wednesday, March 8th at 10:30am for a time of fellowship with one another, praying for one another and missionaries, reading Scripture, and enjoying occasional snacks. This week’s leader will be Bonnie Dobash. All ladies are invited to attend.
Join Us at Prayer Meeting
Each Wednesday at 7:00pm, a group of Christians meet to pray and to study God’s Word in the Prayer Room. Pastor Matt is leading us through a study in Exodus. Nobody is put on the spot to pray out loud, but all are encouraged to attend and help lift up the needs of our church, community, nation, and world.
This Week in Children’s Church
What is grace? Grace is when God gives us something good even when we do not deserve it. Today, the Little Learners and Bible Explorers will be studying 1 Samuel 16 learning how God chose David to be king of Israel. Resources for family worship centered on this lesson are available through the link you will receive in “The Family Table” email arriving this afternoon. For more information about this week’s lesson, check out The Gospel Project Big Picture Card for Volume 4, Unit 11, Lesson 1 which your family received in your mailbox.
Explore the Bible at Home
Many adults in our church are utilizing the Explore the Bible resources to dig deeper into God’s word. Pick up your free copy of John 12-21 and join as we study this week with Session 1: Why Wasn’t This Sold. The Spring quarter resources are available in the foyer.
Designated giving funds remain open for our deaconess compassion fund to help those in need within our church family and a future pavilion here at the church. Please mark your gifts and drop them in the offering plate.
Missed a Sunday? You can read, listen to, or watch the message online in multiple ways throughout the week (YouTube, Facebook, Apple & Google Podcasts, Pastor Matt’s blog, or the LEFC website [audio, video]). Audio CDs are also available in the foyer under the community bulletin board. Need help subscribing or finding a particular sermon? See Pastor Matt or Misty Michaels.
All Church Notification Email List
Do you receive our weekly news bulletin (Lanse Link) and notifications from the church? We use this list to keep you up to date on any key announcements and changes to our regular worship service. To be added, send your email address to the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Misty will include you.
Continue to Give
Thank you for continuing to support our ministries and missionaries. Ways to give:
Mail your offering check to us at PO BOX 114, Lanse, PA 16849.
- Cash or Check in person. Drop off your offering at the church during office hours in the offering plate right inside the office door.
- E-banking – Check with your financial institution about using their bill pay programs to have the bank send us a check directly at no cost.
- Online Payments – PayPal and Venmo are our current e-giving options. Our account address is our email: email@example.com.
Our church and our pastor love to pray for you. If you have a need for prayer, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All emails being sent to this address will be seen by Pastor Matt. Please indicate if this is a private request (for Pastor Matt and the Elder Board) or public request for the prayer chain.
Contact the church office for this week’s prayer requests from the bulletin.
Lanse Free Church
255 Cotohisc Road
Lanse, PA 16849
Worship Service: Sunday, 10:00am
Prayer Meeting: Wednesday, 7:00pm