Lanse Link – 4 July 2021
Sunday, July 4, 2021
Lanse Evangelical Free Church
From the Pastor
Dear Church Family,
We are so blessed. Every year on the weekend of the Fourth of July, I like to play John Philip Sousa marches and count my blessings almost as if it was the Thanksgiving holiday. Here are a few at the top of my list this year:
– Today our nation celebrates 245 years of independence. What a privilege we have to enjoy so many liberties in the USA including the freedom to share the good news of Jesus Christ!
– We recently reached the end of COVID restrictions. I am looking forward to preaching indoors without a mask or face-shield!
– We have a new coffee fellowship time Sundays at 10:00am. What a joy it is to see so many people mingle in person once more.
– Each Sunday we have more people returning to worship on campus. If this is your first Sunday at LEFC in a while, welcome home! We are blessed to have you back. If you have been worshiping in person for some time, praise God! We are blessed to have you, too. Thank you for being so resilient, patient, gracious, and loving. It is a joy to be your pastor!
For these blessings and many more, we have the Lord to thank. He is the fountain of every blessing and the giver of every good gift (James 1:17).
Let us shoot up our thanksgiving to Him like fireworks of praise!
In His Grip,
– Pastor Matt
P.S. Sing with me! “We are so blessed / By the gifts from Your hand / I just can’t understand / Why You’ve loved us so much”
Church Family News
FBW Youth Class – Building Bible Knowledge
Calling all 7-12 graders! Pastor Matt will be leading the youth class this year in how to study the Bible for yourself. Bring your own Bible to lay a strong foundation for your faith. See Pastor Matt with any questions.
Family Bible Week – Help Needed
Join us for Family Bible Week July 19-22 & 25. We are looking for craft leaders, game leaders, and helpers for all classes. There is a signup sheet in the foyer on the FBW bulletin board. You can contact Misty Michaels to get involved, too.
Disciples Under Construction
Calling all adults: Mark your calendar and join us for Family Bible Week! Kerry Doyal, our Allegheny District Superintendent, will be teaching classes Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening. Spend some time learning how to be a disciple, who makes disciples, who make disciples.
Family Bible Week Finale Picnic
Our Hospitality Team is finalizing plans for our FBW finale picnic to be held July 25 immediately following our Worship time. The team will be providing meatball subs and drinks for meal and is asking for side dishes, salads, fruit, and desserts. RSVP sheets are included in this week’s bulletin. This will be our first full fellowship meal since January 2020. Join us!
Help Needed: Coffee Ministry
We are looking for 2-3 more people willing to help as we restart our coffee ministry. The commitment would be for one Sunday every four to six weeks and includes set-up and clean-up. If you want to know more about this opportunity to serve, please contact Cody or Holly Crumrine during coffee ministry July 4 or July 11.
All children (ages 3 – 3rd grade) are invited to Children’s Church during our 10:30 worship time. When the weather allows the children will meet in the Sonshine tent or in our back yard. Parents, when indicated in the service, please drop your kids off with a volunteer in the ABC Room or bring them around to the backyard/Sonshine tent. All ministry workers have their child protection clearances.
Follow the Lord in Water Baptism
We are planning a baptism service later this Summer. Classes will be set up to meet individual scheduling needs. If you would like to learn more about what it means to follow Christ in water baptism, talk to Pastor Matt about options that fit your schedule.
Explore the Bible at Home
Many adults in our church are utilizing the Explore the Bible resources to dig deeper into God’s word. Pick up your free copy of Explore the Bible: Job; Ecclesiastes. and complete Session 5: Justice Sought.
Family Fridays @ CSA
Christian Servant Academy invites you to Family Fridays. Each Friday at 6:30 they are hosting an evening of family-focused fun. Check out their flyer on the Community Bulletin Board for more information.
Email Prayer Chain
Throughout the week we send periodic emails with prayer needs. If you are interested in receiving this communication, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to that list.
On-Campus Prayer Meeting
Join us Wednesdays at 7:00pm in the Fellowship Hall as Joel Michaels leads us in a brief Bible study, praising God through song, and praying with other believers. Reminder: Bring a jacket along. Now that the weather is warming up, we will sometimes meet outdoors.
Our church and our pastor love to pray for you. If you have a need for prayer, you can email us at email@example.com. All emails being sent to this address will be seen by Pastor Matt. Please indicate if this is a private request (for Pastor Matt and the Elder Board) or public request for the prayer chain.
Thank you for your generous giving. Two designated giving funds remain open here at church. To give to a future picnic pavilion, mark your gift “pavilion” and placing it in the offering. To give to the rebuilding efforts following the fire at Miracle Mountain Ranch’s Fort Wilderness, mark your gift “MMR Fire.”
Continuing to Give
Thank you for continuing to support our ministries and missionaries. Ways to give:
- Mail your offering check to us at PO BOX 114, Lanse, PA 16849.
- Cash or Check in person. Drop off your offering at the church during office hours in the offering plate right inside the office door.
- E-banking – Check with your financial institution about using their bill pay programs to have the bank send us a check directly at no cost.
- Online Payments – PayPal and Venmo are our current e-giving options. Our account address is our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the church office for this week’s prayer requests from the bulletin.
Lanse Free Church
255 Cotohisc Road
Lanse, PA 16849
Worship Service: Sunday, 10:00am
Prayer Meeting: Wednesday, 7:00pm