Lanse Link – 26 February 2023
Sunday, February 26, 2023
Lanse Evangelical Free Church
Church Family News
Are you interested in singing with the LEFC Celebration Choir? Now is your chance! Choir will rehearse every Thursday at 7:30pm starting Thursday, March 2nd until Resurrection Sunday. Here is your opportunity to praise God through song. Please contact Amy Jo Belko with any questions.
Children’s Church Meeting
A meeting will be held on Sunday, March 5th at 9:15am in the fellowship hall for all teachers and volunteers serving in Children’s Church. Bring along any thoughts on needs, praises, and ideas for the future to share with the group. Anyone interested in learning more about the ministry is invited to attend! Prayerfully consider helping with our current need for a teacher and additional substitute teachers. See Vicky Albert if interested.
Wild Game Dinner Meeting
There will be a brief planning meeting Sunday, March 5th following the service. Questions? See Jamie Morgan.
Solar Generator Giving
Due to skyrocketing costs and diesel fuel shortages in Haiti, Vision of Hope Ministries are raising funds for a solar generator for their school/church in Cap Haitian. You can give to help them with this project by marking your gift “VOHM” and dropping it off in the offering plate.
Return Your Baby Bottles
Baby bottles were due back last week, but we still have 13 bottles unaccounted for. Please bring them back by next Sunday or drop them off at the office this week.
Lenten Worship Services
Each year the ministers of the West Branch Churches plan Lenten Services on Sundays throughout our area. A schedule of this location and speakers for these services is located on the community bulletin board in the foyer. This year, the services will each be at 3:00 in the afternoon.
The office will be closed Tuesday this week, but messages will be checked regularly.
Our Daily Bread
The latest edition of Our Daily Bread for March. April, and May is now available on the worship resource tables and by the Community Bulletin Board.
Wild Game Dinner
Join us for our 2023 Wild Game Dinner on Saturday, March 18th from 5-8pm at Morris Township Volunteer Fire Co Recreation Center with special speaker Mark Ledford. This is a FREE event, but tickets are required for entry. See anyone from LEFC or call 814-345-6500 for tickets. All guests are asked to bring a main dish to share.
Wild Game Dinner Needs
Wondering how you can help with this year’s WGD? Here are some areas where you may be able to help.
- PRAYER: Commit to pray for the people who will be attending our event this year – that their ears will be open, and their hearts would be prepared to receive Mark Ledford’s message. Pray specifically for the person you are bringing, too.
- ADVERTISING: Help spread the word about our WGD! Posters are in the foyer. Take one today and hang it in your local post office, at the gym, at your place of employment, or any place of business you feel will help us reach people.
- DOOR PRIZES: There are still some letters are in the foyer for local businesses thanking them for their past help and a promise to purchase something from their business as an added thank you. Consider picking one up today and getting a door prize for our dinner. Please have these here by March 5th. Cash donations for door prizes are also being accepted through March 5th. Mark your gift “WGD.”
- TICKETS: Misty Michaels has tickets for our event in the office. Tickets are necessary for entrance into the dinner, and our flyers say to see anyone from Lanse Free Church. Grab a pack today and start handing them out.
- SET UP/TEAR DOWN: Many hands make light work! If you can help setup or tear down sign up in the foyer or see Joel Michaels.
- FOOD: Signup sheets are posted in the foyer. Jamie Morgan is coordinating the wild game dishes for our guests. Sign up in the foyer if you are bringing a dish. Jamie Morgan is also planning on making Italian-pulled venison and is looking for venison roasts for this. Please see him if you have any to donate and don’t want to cook it yourself. We also need willing bakers to provide us with 5 pies.
- KITCHEN HELP: We are looking for people to work the day of the event preparing food. Please sign up to help with this need. Question? See Pennie Folmar.
Worldview Training for Youth
Youth, join us each Sunday evening at 7:00pm as we study TACTICS: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christians Convictions. All youth (grades 7-12) are invited to attend. Questions? See Keith Hurley.
Ladies’ Fellowship Hour
Ladies, join us Wednesday, March 1st at 10:30am for a time of fellowship with one another, praying for one another and missionaries, reading Scripture, and enjoying occasional snacks. This week’s leader will be Amy Jo Belko. All ladies are invited to attend.
Join Us at Prayer Meeting
Each Wednesday at 7:00pm, a group of Christians meet to pray and to study God’s Word in the Prayer Room. Pastor Matt is leading us through a study in Exodus. Nobody is put on the spot to pray out loud, but all are encouraged to attend and help lift up the needs of our church, community, nation, and world.
This Week in Children’s Church
Why does sin separate us from God? Because God is holy, sin has broken our relationship with God. Today, the Little Learners and Bible Explorers will be studying Genesis 18 learning why God is good to judge sin. Resources for family worship centered on this lesson are available through the link you will receive in “The Family Table” email arriving this afternoon. For more information about this week’s lesson, check out The Gospel Project Big Picture Card for Volume 4, Unit 10, Lesson 4 which your family received.
Explore the Bible at Home
Many adults in our church are utilizing the Explore the Bible resources to dig deeper into God’s word. Join as we study this week with Session 13: I Am the Resurrection. The Spring quarter resources are now available in the foyer. Pick up your free copy of John 12-21 and be ready to join us in this study next Sunday with Session 1: Why Wasn’t This Sold.
Designated giving funds remain open for our deaconess compassion fund to help those in need within our church family and a future pavilion here at the church. Please mark your gifts and drop them in the offering plate.
Missed a Sunday? You can read, listen to, or watch the message online in multiple ways throughout the week (YouTube, Facebook, Apple & Google Podcasts, Pastor Matt’s blog, or the LEFC website [audio, video]). Audio CDs are also available in the foyer under the community bulletin board. Need help subscribing or finding a particular sermon? See Pastor Matt or Misty Michaels.
All Church Notification Email List
Do you receive our weekly news bulletin (Lanse Link) and notifications from the church? We use this list to keep you up to date on any key announcements and changes to our regular worship service. To be added, send your email address to the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Misty will include you.
Continue to Give
Thank you for continuing to support our ministries and missionaries. Ways to give:
Mail your offering check to us at PO BOX 114, Lanse, PA 16849.
- Cash or Check in person. Drop off your offering at the church during office hours in the offering plate right inside the office door.
- E-banking – Check with your financial institution about using their bill pay programs to have the bank send us a check directly at no cost.
- Online Payments – PayPal and Venmo are our current e-giving options. Our account address is our email: email@example.com.
Our church and our pastor love to pray for you. If you have a need for prayer, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All emails being sent to this address will be seen by Pastor Matt. Please indicate if this is a private request (for Pastor Matt and the Elder Board) or public request for the prayer chain.
Contact the church office for this week’s prayer requests from the bulletin.
Lanse Free Church
255 Cotohisc Road
Lanse, PA 16849
Worship Service: Sunday, 10:00am
Prayer Meeting: Wednesday, 7:00pm