Lanse Link – 14 August 2022
Sunday, August 14, 2022
Lanse Evangelical Free Church
Church Family News
GOOD NEWS CRUISE WEEK
We are looking for a bunch of people willing to work just a few hours helping us spread the GOOD NEWS! Here are some ways you can help.
- Today! – Water Bottles and Gift Bags – Come to our Prep Party in the Ladies’ Classrom today after the service. There are many bottles to be labeled and bags to be stuffed. Needed: 8-12 people.
- Friday! – Door Prizes – Please make sure all door prizes are delivered to the church by 4pm on Friday. If you would like to help assemble the verses and organize the door prizes, be here at 4pm to help Pennie. Needed: 2-3 people. See Pennie Folmar.
- Friday! – Coolers and Canopies – Please have all coolers and canopies here by 4pm. We need to ensure we have enough and want to get the coolers full of soda and water so all we have to do is add the ice on Saturday. Needed: 2-4 people. See Keith.
- Saturday! – Campus Set-up – Stop by around 8am to help set up the canopies, tables, and garbage receptacles around our campus. Needed: 6-10 people. See Keith Folmar.
- Saturday! – Registration, Parking, and Greeters – Please plan to be at the church no later than 1pm – based on prior years, our guests will begin to arrive early. Sign up today!
- Saturday! – Cookies – Calling all bakers: sign up in the foyer to bake a sweet something for our guests. Baked goods should be dropped off on Saturday by Noon.
- Saturday! – Food – Sign up for an hour-long shift or two after service today. Plan to be here 15 minutes prior to your shift so you have time to park and be ready to serve. Food will be served beginning at 4pm. Bless our guests with your smile as you serve!
Sign-up sheets are in the foyer on the bulletin board.
“Willing But Worried”
Join us Sunday, August 21st at 8:45am for our last class in the three-part series “Willing But Worried”. Learn not just the “why” of everyday evangelism but also the “how”. Classes build on one another but are designed so that you can take part in any class you can attend.
Church Family Meeting
The next church family meeting has been scheduled for August 21 immediately after worship in the auditorium. Members will receive updates on finances and facilities projects as well as plans for fall ministry and recommendations from the Family Discipleship Vision Team. See chairman Keith Folmar with any questions.
Cru Volunteers Needed
Abe and Jordyn Skacel with Penn State Cru have a volunteer opportunity available. Cru will be administering digital QR code surveys to students on Aug 22-24 & 29-31. Each day will be 11am-1pm & 2pm-4pm on the University Park campus. This survey is used by Cru to gather new contacts for the year. Provided is a free shirt to wear. Volunteers would ask students as they walk by if they could take a quick survey and hold up the QR code to scan with their phones. You do not have to be there for the whole time. Any amount of time any day is valued. Anyone who would like to volunteer can contact the Skacels (Jordyn.skacel@Cru.org, Abraham.skacel@Cru.org) for more information!
Heading Off to College?
As you get your housing information, be sure to pass your address along to the church office so that our church family can be an encouragement to you this school year.
Operation Christmas Child
Our church will once again participate in the OCC Shoebox campaign this year. With school supplies on sale, now is a great time to pick up some items in preparation for packing a shoebox to bless a needy child.
Fellowship Hall in Use
The fellowship hall will be in use Saturday, August 27th from 12:00pm to 5:00pm.
Interested in helping with children’s church? We are looking for one more regular classroom helper or two to three more occasional substitutes. See Pastor Matt for more details.
Ark Park Meet n’ Play
Moms and their littles are invited each Wednesday for a time to play outside and have fun together! We’ll meet at the Ark Park at 9:00am or come and go as you please. The church building will be open for restrooms and water, and juice boxes will be provided. Event is cancelled in the event of rain.
Explore the Bible at Home
Many adults in our church are utilizing the Explore the Bible resources to dig deeper into God’s word. Pick up your free copy of 1, 2 Kings and join as we continue in our study this week with Session 11: God Judges.
Designated giving funds remain open for our deaconess compassion fund to help those in need within our church family, for Ukraine to help ReachGlobal minister to the refugees, and a future pavilion here at the church. Please mark your gifts and drop them in the offering plate.
All Church Notification Email List
Do you receive our weekly news bulletin (Lanse Link) and notifications from the church? We use this list to keep you up to date on any key announcements and changes to our regular worship service. To be added, send your email address to the church office (email@example.com) and Misty will include you.
Continue to Give
Thank you for continuing to support our ministries and missionaries. Ways to give:
Mail your offering check to us at PO BOX 114, Lanse, PA 16849.
- Cash or Check in person. Drop off your offering at the church during office hours in the offering plate right inside the office door.
- E-banking – Check with your financial institution about using their bill pay programs to have the bank send us a check directly at no cost.
- Online Payments – PayPal and Venmo are our current e-giving options. Our account address is our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our church and our pastor love to pray for you. If you have a need for prayer, you can email us at email@example.com. All emails being sent to this address will be seen by Pastor Matt. Please indicate if this is a private request (for Pastor Matt and the Elder Board) or public request for the prayer chain.
Contact the church office for this week’s prayer requests from the bulletin.
Lanse Free Church
255 Cotohisc Road
Lanse, PA 16849
Worship Service: Sunday, 10:00am
Prayer Meeting: Wednesday, 7:00pm