Lanse Link – 13 August 2023
Sunday, August 13, 2023
Lanse Evangelical Free Church
Church Family News
GOOD NEWS CRUISE WEEK
We are looking for a bunch of people willing to work just a few hours helping us spread the GOOD NEWS! Here are some ways you can help.
- Friday! – Door Prizes – Please make sure all door prizes are delivered to the church by 4pm on Friday. If you would like to help assemble the verses and organize the door prizes, be here at 4pm to help Pennie. Needed: 2-3 people. See Pennie Folmar.
- Friday! – Coolers and Canopies – Please have all coolers and canopies here by 4pm. We need to ensure we have enough and want to get the coolers full of soda and water so all we have to do is add the ice on Saturday. Needed: 2-4 people. See Keith.
- Saturday! – Campus Set-up – Stop by around 8am to help set up the canopies, tables, and garbage receptacles around our campus. Needed: 6-10 people. See Keith Folmar.
- Saturday! – Registration, Parking, Greeters, and Photographer – Please plan to be at the church no later than 1pm – based on prior years, our guests will begin to arrive early. Sign up today!
- Saturday! – Cookies – Calling all bakers: sign up in the foyer to bake a sweet something for our guests. Baked goods should be dropped off on Saturday by Noon.
- Saturday! – Kitchen Help Prep – We need people to plate cookies and treats, bag some snacks and pull everything together. Plan to be here around 2:00pm.
- Saturday! – Food – Sign up for an hour-long shift or two after service today. Plan to be here 15 minutes prior to your shift so you have time to park and be ready to serve. Food will be served beginning at 4pm. Bless our guests with your smile as you serve!
Sign-up sheets are in the foyer.
Church Family Meal
Join us for our next church family meal on Sunday, August 27th following the service. Be thinking now about what tasty dish your family might bring to share with everyone. A main dish, side dish, salad, or dessert are all fair game!
Church Family Meeting
Sunday, August 27th is our next quarterly church family meeting. Members, plan to stay after the fellowship meal to hear ministry updates and plans for the fall. See Church Chairman Keith Folmar with any questions.
Building in Use
The building will be in use on Saturday, September 9th for Rosella DeyArmin’s memorial service.
Follow the Lord in Water Baptism
We are planning for more baptisms again soon. If you would like to learn more about what it means to follow Christ in water baptism, talk to Pastor Matt for options that fit your schedule. Classes will be set up to meet your scheduling needs.
Heading Off to College?
As you get your housing information, be sure to pass your address along to the church office so that our church family can be an encouragement to you this school year.
You Matter 5K & 10Mile Ride
The Pregnancy Resource Clinic will be hosting their annual 5k walk/run and 10Mile bicycle ride on Saturday, September 23rd. For more information see the flyer on the Community Bulletin Board or visit their website scprc.com.
Mens’ Restroom Project
Please excuse our dust as the work in the mens’ restroom continues. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we update this room. Men: the family restroom is open for you to use throughout this project.
Director of Family Ministry
The job description for the new part-time ministry position is posted in the foyer. If you are interested in knowing more about the vision for this new role at LEFC, talk with any of the church elders.
Snack and Yack
When the auditorium empties after worship, young people in grades 3-7 who heard the sermon are invited to meet in Pastor Matt’s office for a snack and a brief interactive conversation about today’s message. To help kids listen closely, they can fill out a “Snack n’ Yack Notes” handout. Parents are always welcome to join in, too!
The community group meets Sunday evenings at 7pm in the Skacel home for fellowship and Bible study. People of all ages are welcome (including kids!). See Abe or Jordyn Skacel if you want to check it out!
Ladies’ Fellowship Hour
Ladies, join us Wednesday, August 16th at 10:30am for a time of fellowship with one another, praying for one another and missionaries, reading Scripture, and enjoying occasional snacks. Shelly Peterman will be leading. All ladies are invited to attend.
Join Us at Prayer Meeting
Each Wednesday at 7:00pm, a group of Christians meet to pray and to study God’s Word in the Prayer Room. Joel Michaels is leading us through a study of Acts. Nobody is put on the spot to pray out loud, but all are encouraged to attend and help lift up the needs of our church, community, nation, and world.
This Week in Kids Bible Class
What makes people special? People are special because God made us in His own image. Today, the Little Learners and Bible Explorers will be studying Psalm 139 learning how every person matters to God. Resources for family worship centered on this lesson are available through the link you will receive in “The Family Table” email arriving this afternoon. For more information about this week’s lesson, check out The Gospel Project Big Picture Card for Volume 5, Unit 15, Session 4 which your family received in your mailbox.
Explore the Bible at Home
Many adults in our church are utilizing the Explore the Bible resources to dig deeper into God’s word. Pick up your free copy of Jeremiah; Lamentations and join as we study this week with Session 11: Trustworthy. The Summer quarter resources are available in the foyer.
Designated giving funds are open for deaconess compassion fund to help those in need within our church family, and a future pavilion here at the church. Please mark your gifts and drop them in the offering plate.
Missed a Sunday? You can read, listen to, or watch the message online in multiple ways throughout the week (YouTube, Facebook, Apple & Google Podcasts, Spotify, Pastor Matt’s blog, or the LEFC website [audio, video]). Audio CDs are also available in the foyer under the community bulletin board. Need help subscribing or finding a particular sermon? See Misty Michaels.
We want everyone to know what is happening at LEFC! Are you on the “All Church Notifications” email list to get key announcements such as cancelations and other schedule changes? Subscribers also receive “The Lanse Link,” our weekly news bulletin. In addition, parents can subscribe to “The Family Table,” a Sunday newsletter filled with useful resources for family discipleship. Subscribe on the church website or send your email address to the church office and Misty Michaels will add you to the list.
Continue to Give
Thank you for continuing to support our ministries and missionaries. Ways to give:
Mail your offering check to us at PO BOX 114, Lanse, PA 16849.
- Cash or Check in person. Drop off your offering at the church during office hours in the offering plate right inside the office door.
- E-banking – Check with your financial institution about using their bill pay programs to have the bank send us a check directly at no cost.
- Online Payments – PayPal and Venmo are our current e-giving options. Our account address is our email: email@example.com.
Our church and our pastor love to pray for you. If you have a need for prayer, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All emails being sent to this address will be seen by Pastor Matt. Please indicate if this is a private request (for Pastor Matt and the Elder Board) or public request for the prayer chain.
Contact the church office for this week’s prayer requests from the bulletin.
Lanse Free Church
255 Cotohisc Road
Lanse, PA 16849
Worship Service: Sunday, 10:00am
Prayer Meeting: Wednesday, 7:00pm